Pentago House was originally built in 1912 by Loke Yew and was the only remaining pre-war shophouses in Kampung Attap when Pentago bought the two shophouses in 2005. It was restored and renovated, keeping the shophouse scale and feel whilst transforming the space into a modern functioning 2.5 storey working office.
The original century-old timber has been repurposed into shutters, ceiling panels and wall decoration while the old floorboards have turned into tables and built-in furniture. All the existing brickwork has been kept intact and the plumbing/electrics have been replaced together with the fixtures and fittings. A traditional tradesman was sourced to rebuild the floorway, shuttered windows, doors, and stairs as a traditional Chinese shophouse.
Pentago House is the new family home of Pentago; it houses the Pentago office, Pentago art exhibitions and Pentago family functions.
|Type of Development||Office and Event Space|
|Land Size||10,000 square feet|
|Scope of Work||Architecture|